The word “biscotti” literally means twice baked in Italian. The fact that we are baking something twice might make this recipe sound complicated, but it’s really not! This biscotti is sooo- buttery and very light and sweet. You will enjoy it down to the last crumb.BISCOTTI.
This is special biscotti.
This recipe is more like biscotti meets shortbread cookie meets butter pecan–and then dip it into a steamy hot cup of joe.
It is SO. STINKIN’. GOOD. Making biscotti is really not any more advanced than making cookies. You really don’t have to do anything fancy other than separating it into two log shapes.And then once that is baked, you slice it as thin or thick as you would like, and put the slices back into the oven.Flip those bad boys over and put the pan into the oven for its final hurrah!I’m telling ya, invite some friends over, and watch those caffeinated comrades of yours devour every last bite of this delectable biscotti! Ciao!
Pecan Shortbread Biscotti
What you need:
- 3 sticks of softened butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar together at medium speed until creamy (just a minute or so).
- Add extracts and beat in eggs one at a time, mixing into butter/sugar.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour and baking powder with a fork.
- Add flour mixture to creamed butter/sugar/eggs and mix until well combined.
- Fold pecans into batter.
- Shape into two logs. (I would divide the dough into two similar-sized sections, then shape them into two log shapes. They should be 2″ wide and about 10″ long.)
- Place the logs side by side on prepared baking sheet and place in oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Remove from oven and slice logs into slices- should make 18-20 slices per log.
- Turn slices flat to one side on the cookie sheet and bake in oven for additional 15 minutes or so.
- Remove from oven, flip slices over, and bake for the final 15 minutes until crispy and golden.
- ENJOY with a hot cup of coffee!