My golly, 2014 was the fastest year yet. I cannot believe it is 2-0-1-5 already. I feel like I was just getting used to writing 2014 on paper, and now I’m having to figure out how to change a
14 into a 15 without looking like a fool.
I’m looking forward to this year, though. It is going to be a good one, I just know it. I’m hoping by the end of 2015 to have this blog loaded with yummy recipes that people are dying to try, so stay with me! I promise it will get better, I’m still figuring things out 🙂
So…yes…it is officially January. Sigh…January. The month of resolution writing and weight-loss goal making and redos and start overs and all those good intentions. Like everyone else, when January comes around in my world, my body reminds me that I’ve been overindulging for a little too long.
January is when I start to switch back to a low(er)-carb lifestyle to wean myself off the crazy sugar-filled feeding frenzies I’ve become comfortable with. January brings a fridge full of hot dogs, lunchmeat, vegetables, eggs, and cream cheese. With that, I’ve gotta come up with meals that are satisfying, yet still low in carbs. I recently discovered that you can make pancakes without any sort of flour! These Low Carb Pancakes are a great way to tame your sweet tooth and bring variety to a low carb diet. Even if you are not trying to eat fewer carbs, this pancake recipe is absolutely gluten-free and easy! Hope you love it!
This is the texture/color you are shooting for after the pancake is flipped. You should let it cook long enough that there isn’t any wet liquid on top when you go to flip it. After flipping, cook for another minute just to heat it through. Don’t cook it too long, though. They burn pretty quick and taste like burnt eggs. I don’t know if you’ve ever burnt your eggs, but it is disgusting. Don’t do it.Little stack of yum!I got back from a quick trip to San Francisco this week and if you have ever been to San Francisco, you might recognize some of the things on my yellow coffee cup 🙂 It’s my new favorite!
SO good. So, so, very delectably darn good.
Low Carb (No Flour) Pancakes
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- packet of stevia or sweetener
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
What to do:
- In a food processor or blender, blend all 4 ingredients together to create a thin batter mixture .
- Let batter sit until bubbles are settled (this helps pancakes cook properly)
- While waiting on bubbles, turn stove to low-medium heat and preheat pan.
- Grease pan with butter. (I greased after each pancake)
- Add small amount of mixture to create a 4-inch pancake (pancakes will be thin)
- Cook pancake for about two minutes, then flip. (Pancakes are extremely delicate. I used a metal spatula.)
- Top pancake stack with butter and sugar-free syrup or add your own fruit!
Notes: The good thing about eating low carb is that you don’t have to count calories! The entire stack of pancakes has about 3 carbs total!