Sprinkles make me SO happy! This recipe makes me happy too! Easiest birthday treats ever! Cake mix + Rice Krispie Treats + SPRINKLES! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR KARLIEEEEEE, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEEEE!
Today is indeed my birthday! Hooray! I am officially 24 years old. Weird. The big 2-4. This is the first birthday I’ve had where I feel like I am actually getting older. 23 didn’t seem too bad last year, but 24…not sure how I feel about it.
Birthdays. Gotta love ’em! Since it is my birthday, I thought it would be nice to share a fun little birthday treat recipe! It is pretty darn easy. If you have ever made Rice Krispie Treats successfully, I will guarantee you can handle this one. It’s literally the same as making those, but you add one other ingredient to bring out the birthday flavor: cake mix! Tell me this picture doesn’t make you happy?! They’re chewy, gooey, marshmallow-y, and festive! Any person at any age will appreciate this fun recipe! These treats are great, too, if you are in a hurry because you can whip them up in like 5 minutes.
Birthday Rice Krispie Treats
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 (10 oz) bag of large marshmallows (or mini)
- 2/3 cup of dry yellow or white box cake mix (dry mix straight from the box, not batter)
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup of sprinkles of your choice
What to do:
- Grease a pan of your choice (8″x 8″, 11″x 7″, or 9″x 13″) and set aside.
- Over low heat on stove, melt butter in large saucepan.
- When butter is melted, add entire bag of marshmallows and stir constantly.
- Stir in dry cake mix when marshmallows are completely melted.
- Remove from heat and mix in cereal.
- When cereal is coated, mix in half of sprinkles. (Don’t mix too much or the sprinkles won’t be as pretty!)
- Press into greased pan and top with remaining sprinkles.
- For firmer treats, let sit 30 minutes before cutting into squares.
I got the idea from: http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2012/03/25/cake-batter-rice-krispie-treats/