The recipe for these Cheesy Ranch Cauliflower Breadsticks contains ZERO flour. They are totally gluten-free and extremely low in carbs! You will want to keep this recipe close! Holy smokes! Is it really February already?! Where does the time go? In case you didn’t know, today is Groundhog Day. Good old Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow once again.
So, yes. It really is February already! One month has really passed since New Years and I really need to start getting back on track with my low-carb eating habits. This recipe for Cheesy Ranch Cauliflower Breadsticks is a winner, winner, chicken dinner! The cauliflower binds with an egg and some parmesan cheese to make a hearty, flavorful crust. Gluten free friends– this concoction is a terrific alternative to buying a prepackaged GF mix because the main ingredient is a vegetable, hello!? Even if you are not avoiding gluten, it is pretty darn easy to eat vegetables when they don’t taste like vegetables! Now you can be sneaky with those picky eaters in your life! I used to hate cauliflower as a kid. It was always cut up raw and served cold next to broccoli on veggie trays…and it was disgusting. Bleh. It was powdery, chunky, gritty, and tasteless. I guess I probably still feel that way. I can’t eat it raw. I just can’t. It’s just not good. But…if I grind it up, mix it with some cheese, add a little ranch flavor, and top all that with even more cheese, I could eat cauliflower for days.
Cheesy Ranch Cauliflower Breadsticks
- 1 12oz bag of frozen cauliflower
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 1oz dry ranch dressing packet
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees (F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Empty bag of frozen cauliflower into food processor. Pulse until finely ground. Cauliflower should resemble a powdery, rice substance.
- Transfer ground cauliflower to microwave-safe bowl and cook in microwave for two minutes; stirring after each minute. This helps to fluff/steam cauliflower–you want the moisture to be pulled out of it.
- If steamed cauliflower is warm, refrigerate until cool.
- Add parmesan cheese, egg, ranch packet, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper to cauliflower. Stir until combined. (Mixture will be wet and sticky.)
- Pour mixture onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet and spread/shape into a pizza crust or breadstick shape. Do not spread too thin; should be about 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake crust in oven for 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove crust from oven and layer with ranch dressing (like pizza sauce) and top generously with shredded mozzarella.
- Place pan back into oven for another 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted, bubbly, and golden.
- Slice and serve with marinara sauce or a sauce of your choice!
***Notes: If you do not have a food processor, I would suggest grating the cauliflower with a cheese grater and chopping it as finely as possible. If you do not have parchment paper, you can still make this! Just grease the pan extra, extra well. You can also use raw cauliflower, of course. You’ll just have to prepare it and steam it and start at step 4. This recipe is also perfect for pizza crust! The base is the same. You can change the seasonings and substitute Italian seasoning or oregano.