It’s an easy, hearty recipe that is loaded with ham and bacon and can be thrown together in a flash. Meaty, creamy, and satisfying!
I am currently sitting in my Colorado home, wishing it was one of our “300 days of sunshine”. But it isn’t. It’s kinda gloomy out!
Things are pretty quiet around here today because my partner in crime is a under the weather, He actually has pneumonia. Bleh!
I’m being his caretaker and practicing my “I mean business” face this week. I have to force him to lay on the couch and REST. He is a real busybody and likes to work hard, so this has been a little challenging for him.
He usually just smiles and shakes his head when I’m “being firm” because no matter how hard I try, I just can’t do it. I literally stare at him, furrow my brow, and clench my teeth. Try to picture that ….yeah, exactly. That usually makes me seem more funny than ferocious.
I guess that’s not the worst thing, right? Are any of you like that?
Like, I am so nice sometimes that I wish I could be mean. I always think of Sandra Bullock’s character in the movie The Blindside. She has that firm, direct, tough demeanor. I wish I could be firm and direct and tough like that.
What you need:
- 1 fully cooked ham steak, cubed (any ham will work)
- 1/4 cup of crumbled bacon bits (I chopped 3 slices of cooked bacon)
- 1 can (10.5 oz) cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup of milk (any milk)
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- salt and pepper
- package of spaghetti noodles (any noodles, really)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- bag of frozen peas
What to do:
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, strain, and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Place cubed ham steak and bacon into skillet and top with garlic and onion powder.
- Brown cubed ham steak and bacon until heated through and sizzling. Stir often.
- Add can of cream of mushroom soup, milk, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to skillet and stir to combine.
- Heat soup mixture on stove for 3-5 minutes, add 1 cup of frozen peas, cook another 2 minutes.
- Add strained noodles to skillet and toss to combine. Toss until noodles are well coated. Heat through.
- Top with extra parmesan cheese, serve immediately.