Where did the time go?
One of my favorite family traditions is that each year at Christmas, my mom has us help her bake a bunch of cookies and then we put together cookie trays and share them with our neighbors and friends.
This year, I had to make one of my favorites. It isn’t necessarily a Christmas cookie, but who cares!? I think any cookie can be a Christmas cookie. If I make it in December, I am calling it a Christmas cookie.
So Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Orange Cookies. What a delectable combination, huh? My grandma says that these could be eaten for breakfast because they are so lightly sweet and have such a fresh taste. The dried cranberries are so yummy when mixed with white chocolate, and that hint of orange zest…oh yeah…it is the game changer.
This scoop looks just as good as a fully-loaded Carbine Action 200-shot Range Model air rifle with a compass in the stock and “this thing which tells time”. That’s from A Christmas Story…Hello, Ralphie? Did you catch that?
Again, bear with me….it’s almost CHRISTMAS!
The dough looks so stinkin’ inviting and friendly. Yes, I just called cookie dough friendly. It’s always so nice to me….ha…okay. Anyway, these cookies are scrum-diddly-umptious and you will want to make them again and again. I promise!
Cranberry White Chocolate Orange Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- zest of one orange
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugars into a large bowl.
- Beat in egg and orange zest.
- Stir flour, baking soda, and salt together in a separate bowl.
- Add flour mixture to creamed butter and sugars.
- Stir in cranberries and white chips with a spoon.
- Drop tablespoons or small scoops onto ungreased baking sheets
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until cookies are slightly golden.
- ENJOY and share with your neighbors!
**Store cookies in airtight container for best taste