I love every word of this entry title. BBQ lovin’. Chicken, mmm. French (Fries?). Bread…I love bread. PIZZZZZZAAAAA! Yesss…
Friday nights make me want pizza.
Sometimes I crave cold pizza. So yum.
Leftover cold pizza the next morning for breakfast? Yeah baby.
There are so many forms and flavors of pizza. I love mixing it up and crossing boundaries and putting different stuff on pizza. My favorites are Thai Chicken Pizza, White Mushroom Arugula pizza, and BBQ Chicken Pizza.
Last week I was totally craving pizza, but I wanted BBQ Chicken Pizza and I was kind of trying to hurry up and get dinner over with.
This recipe is easy-peasy, nice and breezy. (I don’t know…never mind.) I think I just made that up. My boyfriend gobbled it up and I was pleased with how fast and easy it was.
But really, it’s so easy though. It takes about 20 minutes TOTAL-start to finish. If you are looking for a quick pizza idea, look no further!
BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza
1 loaf of french bread
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast fully cooked and chopped
3/4 c BBQ sauce
8 oz pkg of shredded pizza cheese or cheddar combination (any cheese blend works)
1 red onion
1/2 c fresh cilantro, chopped
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F).
- Cut french bread in half lengthwise and lay halves face up on foil covered pan.
- Spread halves liberally with BBQ sauce.
- Top halves with shredded cheese and chicken.
- Slice 1/4 of red onion into thin slices and layer onto bread halves.
- Top with a little more cheese and drizzle BBQ sauce on top.
- Bake pizzas in oven for 12-15 minutes until cheese is melted and bread is toasted.
- Top freshly baked pizzas with cilantro for added flavor.
- Cut into slices and devour!